No tags yet.

Recent Posts

Can I Qualify for Permanent Residency with just a Canadian Education?

From coast to coast, Canada accepts hundreds of thousands of international students into the country every year. In fact, with isolationism and far-right attitudes spreading throughout Europe and south of the border in the USA, many universities across the country are experiencing jumps in international student enrollment of between 25%-40%. In Ontario alone, international students collectively pay $1.3 billion in tuition fees every year, paying upwards of 4-5 times the annual fees of their Canadian classmates.

A Canadian education, certainly helps you on your way to permanent residency in Canada. And in some cases, students graduating with a Canadian Masters or PhD can apply for permanent residency directly after their graduation based exclusively on their education. But for most immigration programs, a Canadian education is only a pathway to permanent residency when combined with either a job offer (as is the case for many provincial nominee programs) or a year of qualifying work experience (for something like Express Entry).

But fear not! Even if you don't qualify for permanent residency quite yet, a Canadian degree still sets you on the best path to permanent residency and citizenship that Canada has to offer, so long as you're willing to wait a little while longer to get it. Patience is a virtue.

Are you a recent graduate? Graduating soon? On a post graduate work permit? If you want to better understand your options for permanent residency and citizenship, send me an email.

Keep studying, Thomas Sproat R515846

#InternationalStudents #StudyPermit #PostGraduateWorkPermit #PermanentResidency


Thomas Sproat is a registered immigration consultant with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), and as such is bound to uphold their ethical and professional codes of conduct. For more information on the ICCRC and your rights as a client, visit